Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Practice Kit

I had ordered the practice kit when I started building 10 years ago.  I built the 3 flat layups, the confidence piece, the bookend, and the airfoil section. I had also taken the SportAir Workshop on composites and had a few items from that class as well, including another airfoil and a wheel chock. The airfoils were only half completed at the time, so I was able to use them to practice layups again instead of trying to learn on the actual hardware. I had built the practice kit using Aeropoxy, which is fairly thick and has a honey brown color. The workshop pieces were done using MGS epoxy, which is clear. You can see which ones are which in the photos.



Note on the confidence piece: Can you lay it on a broomstick and stand on it? you bet.  Can you bounce up and down on it? uh, no.

No comments: